I’ve never been tagged for one of these memes before, but now I have, so I have obviously arrived somewhere. Or even set off. Kimbofo at Reading Matters says:
"This ‘one book meme’ has been doing the round for weeks, although it seemed to bypass me completely until Janelle, at the always interesting Eclectic Closet, tagged me."
I’ll give it a go. (With thanks to Kim; please see this link for her answers).
1. One book that changed your life
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck.
2. One book you have read more than once?
Emma (or any other book by) Jane Austen
3. One book you would want on a desert island?
Something very long. Proust (A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu) is the longest book I’ve heard of, so that, I guess. But if I’m allowed a collection, I’d prefer Shakespeare’s complete works.
4. One book that made you cry?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, mirror of erised scene.
5. One book that made you laugh?
e by Matthew Beaumont
6. One book you wish had been written?
My as-yet unwritten novel
7. One book you wish had never had been written?
Any of the books I’ve put down half-way through as being bad.
8. One book you are currently reading?
Can’t reveal this just now.
9. One book you have been meaning to read?
Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte. (Am taking on holiday)
10. Now tag five people
Is there anyone who hasn’t done or been sent and refused to do this meme yet?
I tag: Karen M of Eurocrime, Lee of Lowebrow, James of New Tammany College, CrimeFicReader of It’s a Crime! and Debra of deblog —- with apologies if you’ve already done the meme — it isn’t that I wouldn’t have read your answers, just that I won’t have remembered them.